In the eyes of God, all men have a big problem.
- All have sinned… (Rom. 3:23)
And this causes a separation between us and God. Once God declares, “All have sinned,” we can no longer have fellowship with Him, for light can have no fellowship with darkness. (2 Cor. 6:14)
Then, in us, because of this break in fellowship, we sense the guilt in our conscience.
Even more, sin gives Satan the ground to accuse us in our hearts.
This is why the Bible calls him, “the accuser of our brothers” (Rev. 12:10).
Is there no solution to this problem?
In the Bible, there is a big “But…”
- But God commends His own love to us in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Much more then, having now been justified in His blood…(Rom. 5:8-9)
God Himself came into justify us through the precious blood of Christ.
- Being justified freely by His grace through the redemption which is in Christ Jesus; Whom God set forth as a propitiation place through faith in His blood…(Rom. 3:24-25)
We see in the Bible that the blood of Christ is effective in three directions: toward God, toward man, and toward Satan.
The blood is primarily for God. See, we need forgiveness for the sins we have committed. Without forgiveness, we come under judgement.
For the wages of sin is death… (Rom. 6:23) But, God…
God forgives our sins, not because He overlooks them, but because He sees the blood.
The blood has been presented to Him, satisfying all of His righteous requirements. God’s estimation of the matter is “When I see the blood, I will pass over you.” (Ex. 12:13)
Our conscience also accuses us.
This is because guilt remains as a record of our sin within us. Since the blood satisfies God, it must satisfy us also.
- Let us come forward to the Holy of Holies with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience…(Heb. 10:22)
We should never try to appease ourselves based on our feeling.
There is nothing we can do to wash away our sin. When God forgives, God forgets.
Whenever we sin and sense guilt within we simply apply the blood by a simple prayer,
“Lord, forgive me for what I did today. I claim Your precious blood to cleanse my conscience from any guilt.”
Then our conscience is clear before God, and we can come forward to Him in boldness.
Toward Satan, the blood puts God on the side of man.
- What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? (Rom. 8:31)
First John 1:7 says “the blood of Jesus cleanses us from every sin.”
Not only all sin, but every item of sin. If the blood cleanses every item of sin away from God, then on what basis can Satan accuse us?
By the power of the blood of Christ, we can have instant forgiveness, restored fellowship with God, enjoy a conscience free from the stain of guilt, overcome every accusation of Satan, and live in God’s presence day after day.